Mexico is a country with warm people, known for their hospitality. Because of its location, right on the border with the United States and by its sister city, San Diego, Tijuana is specially open and nice with visitors.

Tijuana and San Diego share “the most visited border in the world”, where people, culture and commerce flow easily from one city to another on a daily basis.



When travel abroad, it’s important to get informed about the place where you’re going, this way, your trip will be easier. The weather, money, customs and laws are some of the most important things you should know when you visit us.

Immigration & Admission Dispositions

For anyone that comes to Tijuana, it could be interesting to go through the border with the USA. This is why we recommend you bring your international passport and your visa.

Those tourists who want to travel further than the Ensenada port’s limit or those who plan on staying more than 72 hours in the country will have to pay a $20-$25 dollar fee per person. For this procedure, you need a nationality proof and you can get the application for the payment in any consulate or Mexican government tourism office abroad, any migration office in the Mexican borders, or in any national or international airline with service to Mexico.

For more information:

Instituto Nacional de Migración (National Immigration Institute)
Ph. (664)636-6017 & (664)636-6022




If you acquire products in the US and you want to bring the, back to Tijuana, you should take into account that there is a duty free daily limit: $50.00 dollars per person in personal consumption items, which is accumulative depending on the number of persons in your family.

The residents of the border strip can spend up to $150.00 dollars per persona daily, or $400.00 dollars per car (if there are more than 3 over age persons traveling in it), in personal consumption items, as long as they can prove their residence in Baja California, from Tijuana to La Paz, with an official ID.

For more information:

Aduana de Tijuana (Tijuana Customs)
Ph. (664) 624-2200





Traveling to United States?

Air Travel

All U.S. citizens including children must present a passport or other approved travel document when entering the United States by air. U.S. citizens can present a passport, NEXUS card at airports with NEXUS kiosks, U.S. military ID with travel orders, or a U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when on official business.

Land/Sea Travel

U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry are required to have documents that comply with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), most commonly a U.S. passport, a passport card, a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST, or an enhanced driver's license. See the complete list of WHTI-compliant documents.

More information at